Protection for goods sold online accidentally damaged, lost or stolen during shipping & delivery to your customers within Australia.
- Peace of mind delivery protection, designed for eCommerce merchants
- Comprehensive cover - low cost per transaction
- Online case & claim notification by your customer via our link on your website
- Dedicated support with simplified case and claims management
Wholesaler and retailer eCommerce businesses with a current ABN & located in Australia.
To connect with us, you will need to be operating your online sales & fulfillment via the the Shopify eCommerce platform.
Other platforms such as BigCommerce, WIX, Magento, WooCommerce, Maropost/Neto, custom or others are not currently supported.
Download our app now via our website here or the Shopify app store
Be careful not to assume your goods are automatically covered during transit.
Couriers or transporters aren’t obligated to cover goods on a delivery. Sometimes they may offer limited protection or a warranty - but what they cover varies. They may
- Be limited to a few defined events only
- Exclude damage if goods are accidentally dropped whilst being unloaded
- Have trading terms which specifically exclude damage cover during transit
- Cover a low dollar value
- Charge an excess
- Have difficult and lengthy claims processes
This can get complicated – leaving your customers and your reputation at risk.
Take the hassle and guesswork out – look after your customers, goods & eCommerce business with Shipping and Delivery Insurance.
We provide comprehensive accidental damage cover for insured goods damaged, lost or stolen during delivery to protect you and your customers within Australia.
- Comprehensive cover for damage, lost or stolen during shipping & delivery
- For insured goods sold via your eCommerce store, to your customers within Australia
- 1 parcel or many within the same order
- $10,000 AUD limit per item
- $500 AUD limit per item (watches & jewelry)
(values include GST, Freight costs and relevant duties)
- Pay for use per transaction cover, billed monthly
- Simplified claims management - save time managing claims and more time running your business.
The full terms, conditions, limits and exclusions are shown in the policy wording located in your NTI Platform or here
We do not Cover the following:
We do not Cover the following, unless agreed and noted in Your Policy Schedule:
- used or secondhand goods including but not limited to domestic furniture, household goods, personal effects;
- livestock, studstock or live animals;
- collectible items such as sporting cards or memorabilia, works of art or antiques;
- precious metals and stones, money (which means any coin or banknote), bullion, cheques, credit or other card sales vouchers, securities, shares, bonds, deeds, bills of exchange, or any documents that represent money or title;
- firearms, weapons, ammunition, radioactive or explosive goods;
- live plants;
- cigarettes or tobacco products
- any other described as excluded goods on Your Policy Schedule
- any Unprotected Shipments
- any Goods commencing transit during a Cover Pause period
The full terms, conditions, limits & exclusions are shown in the policy wording.
Your shipments during a selected period are in the NTI Platform and flagged as protected or unprotected.
We currently do not cover for shipments outside of Australia.
If you require cover for items shipped outside of Australia, there may be other more suitable products for you. We recommend seeking expert advice. If you already have an insurance professional acting on your behalf, please give them a call. Otherwise, find your nearest insurance broker via www.needabroker.com.au
In all cases - unless otherwise stated in the NTI Platform or Your Policy Schedule - we exclude shipments to/from/within:
Afghanistan, Algeria, Bolivia, Central African Republic, Chad, Colombia, Congo-Kinshasa (DRC), Cote d’Ivoire (Ivory Coast), Ethiopia, Guinea, Iran, Iraq, Kenya, Lebanon, Libya, Madagascar, Mali, Myanmar, Nigeria, North Korea, Pakistan, Palestinian Authority (Gaza And West Bank), Russia, Russia North Caucasus (Chechnya, Dagestan, Ingushetia, Kabardino-Balkaria, Karachay-Cherkessia, Ossetia), Somalia, Sudan, South Sudan, Syria, Ukraine, Yemen, Zimbabwe.
In addition cover is also excluded for all shipments (including transhipments) to and/or from and/or within and/or through all Ukrainian ports and the Sea of Asov.
When the purchased goods are first moved for transit or shipment from our dispatch premises and continues during the ordinary course of transit.
When delivery of the Goods is physically accepted by the consumer or a person nominated by the consumer at the contracted destination, or
Where there is no physical acceptance of the Goods at the contracted destination, cover termination will occur at the time the consumer or person nominated by the consumer is notified that delivery has been completed at the contracted destination; and if there has been no notification of delivery then cover will terminate 30 days after the Goods were scheduled to have been delivered to the contracted destination, or
Where the Goods are not delivered at the contracted destination and instead are delivered at a notified collection location, cover terminates on unloading of the Goods into or at the notified collection location, or whichever shall first occur.
Customer's visit your website and click on the Damaged, Lost & Stolen link to our case & claim notification portal. After verifying their purchase order number, email/mobile used in the purchase plus a few easy steps, we'll respond within 2hrs to take care of the rest!
- Immediate live notification to your customer & you
- No need for you to fill out any claims details - saving you time to focus on more sales
- Order number
- Your email used to purchase your order
- Photos of the damaged good(s). Please take photos of: the whole item including all sides, close ups of the damage, external packaging / box, the shipping labels.
In the event of lost / stolen:
- Tracking emails, a copy of police report, any security footage (if available)
- Any other relevant supporting documents/emails
Visit the Settings > Integrations page on your NTI Platform. This has your unique link to add to your website along with installation instructions. For best results, place this in a location that's easy to find for your customers, such as your contact us section.
Where a claim for damaged, lost or stolen has been accepted, at our option we will settle by the following way(s):
- Resupply with a new item (where stock is available) from your store for retail value (including freight costs) as at the time of resupply; or
- Store credit, gift card or equvalent via your store up to the value of the original purchase; or
- If good(s) are not in stock, offer a full or partial refund. Refund will only be processed via the same payment method used to purchase the order
Please refer to the full terms and conditions shown in the policy wording located in your NTI Platform or here
We encourage your customer lodge the claim with us as soon as possible and we endeavour to investigate all claims efficiently and effectively. Because circumstances vary, it may take some time to reach a resolution, but we will keep your customer & you informed regarding the progress of the claim.
Yes, you can lodge a claim on behalf of your customer via the NTI Platform, should the need arise. However to make the most of your time, we recommend customers lodge themselves via our notification link installed on your website.
Yes, you can keep track & review progress of any customer claims via the NTI Platform at any time.
If a customer lodges a notification that is not a claim (such as a missing part, manufacturer fault, exclusion under the policy, etc), we will triage the case back to you via the NTI Platform. From then you will be able to resolve with customer directly.
There is no excess payable.
Where the Goods are delivered to an unattended destination in Australia, with no physical acceptance of the Goods available, cover will be terminated within 12 hours of the time the consumer or person nominated by the consumer is notified that delivery has been completed at the contracted destination provided always that there is evidence available of the notice that delivery has been completed.
Changes and updates during the period of insurance can be made via the NTI Platform.
Invoices are issued monthly for app subscription (where applicable) and insurance premium for protected shipments. Payments must be made by the due date via the NTI Platform. Please refer to Payment Terms here.
You may cancel your app subscription and insurance policy by contacting us via the NTI Platform.
Please refer to cancellation terms for app subscription and insurance here.
Protecting your privacy and the confidentiality of your personal information is very important to NTI Shipping & Delivery Insurance and is fundamental.
When you give your personal information, it is a serious responsibility. NTI are committed to protecting your personal information and giving you a choice in who can use your personal information and how it may be used.