COVERS YOUR WORLD
Marine Protect is Australia's leading marine insurance specialist. Our specialist knowledge of the marine and logistics industries ensures there's a Marine Protect product designed specifically to cover your world. Our suite of products offers tailored and customisable coverage for owners and transporters of cargo, as well as vessel and marine business operators.
All of our products are backed by NTI's award winning claims solution and an extensive network of international partners so, if the worst happens, you can have peace of mind that you will be supported by our local expertise with global reach. And, because no two marine claims are the same, we support our customers with Australasia’s largest specialist marine claims team.
Our Specialist Products
Local Specialists with Global Reach
No two marine claims are the same. That’s why we have a global network and the largest team of marine claims specialists in Australasia. This ensures that we’re responsive and available to our customers at all times.
- We have a global network of partners, which means that when something goes wrong, Marine Protect can help no matter where the customer or cargo is in the world.
- Our national Marine Protect claims team give you direct access to claims decision-makers.
- Marine Protect customers have access to NTI’s award-winning Accident Assist service which handles incident scene clean-up, the forwarding of cargo, message relay and more. All of this is done with a focus on protecting your brand and reputation.
- Livestock carriers and owners can access Livestock Assist, a national network of livestock specialists designed in consultation with national livestock associations.
Service built around your needs.
- We have a team of local marine underwriting specialists located across the country. This is essential due to the highly customisable nature of marine insurance.
- A single marine claims specialist takes care of the entire claim process meaning that you speak to the same person every time.
- We’re proud to have the largest marine claims team in Australasia, which includes specialists across cargo, hull and marine liability as well as specialists in niche cargo industries, such as fruit and vegetable cargo claims.
Leading the way.
Innovation is at the core of Marine Protect:
- We launched “Pay Me Now” claims for damaged cartons and spoiled meat, which allows customers to access immediate settlement and payment of small claims.
- We partnered with BeefLedger, a blockchain security and payments platform provider, to conduct a trial where we tracked a meat delivery from a paddock on South Australia’s Limestone Coast to a plate in Shanghai, China. We want to have the latest information on how cargo is moved internationally!
We’re Industry Leaders
The 268m cargo vessel YM Efficiency was on its way to Port Botany from Taiwan when gale force weather conditions worsened.
At 12:30am, the vessel was 16 nautical miles off the coast of Newcastle when it experienced a period of quick, heavy tolling that lasted between 60 and 90 seconds. During this time, the ship lost 81 containers and a further 62 were damaged. Obviously, a large number of insurers were involved as many businesses were affected. Multiple insurers with multiple assessors would have meant serious time delays and doubling of effort.
Due to our standing in the market and our large team of claims specialists, Marine Protect was appointed as the lead insurer to handle the assessment and management of the incident – a true acknowledgement of our position as Australia’s leading marine insurer.