NTI’s purpose statement is to “Keep Australian industry moving to a safer and more sustainable future”.
NTI has close links with its customers and partners in the transport and logistics industry and will support them to the best of our ability.
NTI is mindful of the prevalence of family violence throughout Australian society.
Family violence is defined as: “violent, threatening or other behaviour by a person that coerces or controls a member of the person’s family… or causes the family member to be fearful.”
NTI has internal policies and training to understand and decide how best to support its customers, and others, who are experiencing vulnerability — including people affected by family violence.
In respect of family violence NTI will:
- Train its employees to help them recognise instances of family violence and to support the overarching priority that safety is paramount for anyone affected by family violence.
- Protect private and confidential information of customers affected by family violence.
- Minimise the number of times a customer affected by family violence needs to disclose information about family violence.
- Ensure that claims handling processes for claimants affected by family violence are appropriate and sensitive.
- Ensure that collection arrangements are handled sensitively.
- Arrange access to NTI’s Financial Hardship provisions.
- Inform customers, employees, distributors and service suppliers about information and assistance available to people experiencing family violence and where applicable refer these people to specialist services.
- Support its employees and distributors who are affected by family violence experience and may vicarious trauma after serving affected customers.
The purpose of this policy is to reassure affected customers that NTI has support systems in place and to highlight a number of organisations offering specialist services that can be contacted for specialist support.
Australia Specialist Services:
1800 Respect - 1800 737 732
MensLine Australia - 1300 78 9978