NO MATTER WHAT, NO MATTER WHEN.
Trucks keep Australia moving. Whether you’re in the transport game, or use a truck for your trade or business, it’s hard-working people like you that are the life blood of Australian industry, and we want to help you in any way we can. That’s why Truck Assist exists – to help people who run businesses that rely on trucks to grow and be successful. It’s our number one priority.
Truck Assist provides roadside assistance 24/7, 365 days a year via a national network of over 4,000 trusted service partners. We're proud to have wholesale agreements with a large number of manufacturers in Australia. Currently, a Truck Assist roadside program covers every second new truck sold in Australia. You can also purchase a roadside program directly from Truck Assist.
Truck Assist has also grown to offer an online insurance product specifically designed to meet the needs of truck owners and operators in Australia. The Drive Pack product provides comprehensive Motor Cover, Downtime Cover, and an inclusive truck breakdown service. Cover can be purchased in a matter of minutes via Australia’s only online quote and bind system for truck insurance!
We’ll take care of it.
We understand that owners and operators of trucks – who use their truck as a tool of their trade – have very different needs to most transport operators and require access to different support networks.
Our approach to claims and breakdowns focuses on taking care of everything as quickly as possible to keep your business moving.
- National assistance 24/7, 365 days a year
- Our roadside network of suppliers and skilled technicians includes the best heavy truck operators in the nation.
- We have over 4000 trusted service partners.
- Truck Assist customers enjoy access to the same award-winning claims service as NTI customers.
Customer Service your way.
- We offer 24 hour support via the 1800 TAssist number. Our Service Centre is located in Newcastle so you’ll always speak with someone in Australia who can help you immediately.
- Our dedicated Customer Care team can help customers via phone, email or SMS. We’ll contact you in the way you want us to.
Growing the idea with Truck Assist.
In 2002, NTI launched its innovative Accident Assist service for claim lodgement, accident scene management, and more.
The service was quickly recognised as a game-changer and embraced by customers. However, we soon found that customers were calling us for non-accident reasons, such as flat tyres and batteries.
Since we already had a national network and partnerships from our Accident Assist service, we built a service to use these relationships differently: Truck Assist Roadside. For many years, the service was offered by NTI as a wholesale product to truck manufacturers. Nowadays, every second new truck sold in Australia is covered by a roadside assistance program run by Truck Assist.
Our Truck Assist app allows customers to track the service provider coming to help them. We’ve even taken things a step further: the app ensures service providers completes safety checks and requirements before they are able to accept the job.
A team of experts.
- Our team of operational experts ensure members of our vast network of partners can attend breakdowns – no matter the location.
- We have an internal team of outstanding customer service professionals to ensure you can contact us how and when you like.
- Our Truck Assist website is designed to ensure you can quickly and easily find and purchase the product you need. If you don’t want to call us, you won’t need to – everything is available online.
- Drive Pack claims are handled by the same experienced team as National Transport Insurance claims.
Tailoring a solution
One of the biggest fleets covered by Truck Assist Roadside had a B-double breakdown in Coonabarabran (a town two hours north of Dubbo).
After speaking with the customer, some decisions needed to be made; the breakdown was closer to Sydney but the trailers were heading to Brisbane. Using our network of partners, the Truck Assist team organised for a replacement prime mover to be towed from Brisbane to replace the broken-down vehicle, with the broken-down vehicle then towed to Brisbane for repairs. The replacement prime mover was able to continue the journey and deliver the trailers to Brisbane.
The Truck Assist team provided a solution tailored to the customer’s needs while also considering the issues of cost and timeliness. It’s all part of the specialist service and expertise of Truck Assist!