- National Transport Insurance
- Shipping & Delivery Insurance
- Yellow Cover
- Truck Assist
- Marine Protect
NTI issues reminder to exercise caution and familiarisation of emergency plans
The Australian Bureau of Meteorology (BoM) has issued flood warnings in areas across all Australian states and territories.
Australia’s leading specialist insurer, NTI, is urging businesses to protect their people, premises and assets by enacting their emergency plans, securing property, and confirming the whereabouts and contact details of family and friends.
NTI’s Chief Executive Officer, Mr. Tony Clark says NTI’s Claims Team are ready to support customers 24/7 through the weather event, and are experienced in dealing with Australia’s extreme conditions.
“The quickest way for customers or intermediaries to make a claim is via NTI Accident Assist (1800 NTI NOW). This will allow the claim to be actioned as quickly as possible, without the need for paperwork. Trauma counselling is also be available to customers to help them through this tough time.”
For those in or within close vicinity to impacted areas, on land or at sea, please keep your radio on for the latest warnings and ensure you are familiar with your safe action plan. NTI recommends:
- Arrangements for regular, up to date emergency reports from a reliable source.
- Making an alternative drive/travel plan which includes at least one detour to your destination.
- Accounting for additional travel time if transporting time sensitive goods.
- Devising an evacuation strategy for your people, equipment and stock.
For the most up-to-date emergency weather warnings NTI recommends visiting the National Warning Summary via the BoM website and selecting the relevant state and territories for your area/s of operation.
Customers or intermediaries needing to make a claim should contact NTI via the NTI Accident Assist (1800 NTI NOW) service on 1800 684 669.