NTI is an award winning, recognised market leader in the specialist insurance industry.
Boasting over 45 years’ experience, and backed by two of Australia’s largest insurers (CGU and Vero), we are committed to being a Best Employer of the Best People, delivering real benefits, professional development, and career advancement for our employees.
Our Underwriting Team
Our Underwriting team is an essential part of the NTI story; we play a pivotal role in supporting the ongoing growth and success of our business. We collaborate with various departments across the business to ensure the profitable pricing of risks and identification of potential growth opportunities.
About the role
Reporting to the Underwriting Operations Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring that service, quality; sustainable and profitable business practices are established and maintained by underwriting operations. This is a full time contract maternity leave replacement for up to 14 months, with possibility of extension.
- Manage renewals, endorsements and new business opportunities to attain financial targets
- Perform the risk acceptance process so that business is written in accordance with guidelines
- Participate in the audit process, underwriting policies and pricing/policy negotiation with the Commercial team.
- A minimum of three years’ underwriting experience motor (essential) and heavy motor is (preferred)
- A strong customer focus, service ethic and commitment to excellence
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to work in a fast paced environment, negotiate, handle multiple priorities and manage expectations
We have a culture that inspires effort and rewards success and is described as a team feel with a corporate edge.
If you are interested and would like to join our dedicated team of Underwriting professionals, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 15 July 2019