NTI is an award winning, recognised market leader in the specialist insurance industry.
Boasting over 45 years’ experience, and backed by two of Australia’s largest insurers (CGU and Vero), we are committed to being a Best Employer of the Best People, delivering real benefits, professional development, and career advancement for our employees.
Our Underwriting team is an essential part of the NTI story. We play a pivotal role in supporting the ongoing growth and success of our business. We collaborate with various departments across the business to ensure the profitable pricing of risks and identification of potential growth opportunities. We build strong relationships with our key stakeholders and are considered to be experts in our field.
About the role
Reporting to the Underwriting Operations Manager, you will be an essential member of a small team ensuring long term, sustainable growth and profitability of applicable NTI products.
We are currently seeking three (3) Senior Underwriters – Marine to join our team. One vacancy will be based in our Melbourne Office, the remaining two vacancies can be based in any NTI Office location. You will be responsible for ensuring that service, quality, sustainable and profitable business practices is established and maintained by underwriting operations.
You will also:
- Manage Renewals, Endorsements and New Business opportunities to attain financial targets
- Develop expertise on underwriting issues across the portfolio
- Ensure implementation and compliance of the underwriting strategy, risk appetite, license authorities, risk controls, systems and procedures across the portfolio.
- Perform the risk acceptance process so that business is written in accordance within Guidelines.
- Ensure adherence to underwriting guidelines, business plans, priorities and processes
- Involvement in the audit process, Underwriting policies and pricing/policy negotiation with the Business Development team
To be successful you will have:
- Formal Insurance Qualifications – Diploma level is essential, plus a minimum of 5 years insurance experience, preferably Underwriting or Portfolio aligned
- Working knowledge of Marine Underwriting / Cargo and Hull Underwriting and understanding of relevant legislation.
- The ability to negotiate priorities, as well as set and manage delivery expectations
- Working knowledge of the broker market, industry groups and bodies.
- Having established contacts in the broker market is preferred
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, including stakeholder management
- A strong customer focus, service ethic and commitment to excellence
- Enthusiasm for organisational agility and continuous business improvement
- The ability to deliver results under tight timeframes
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Tertiary Qualification(s) in related discipline, i.e. MBA, Bachelor Business or similar will be highly regarded
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office
- A willingness to adhere to NTI’s Core Values at all times
- Additional experience in SME/Liability lines will also be advantageous, but not essential
We have a culture that inspires effort and rewards success. NTI has a team feel with a corporate edge.
If you’d like to join our dedicated team, please submit your Cover Letter and Resume by close of business May 17, 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org