NTI is an award winning, recognised market leader in the specialist insurance industry.
Boasting over 45 years’ experience, and backed by two of Australia’s largest insurers (CGU and Vero), we are committed to being a “Best Employer of the Best People”, delivering real benefits, professional development, and career advancement for our employees.
About the role:
We have a newly created opportunity for a self-motivated, professional Risk Manager. Reporting directly to the CFO, you will be responsible for the implementation of enhanced risk management practices at NTI. Ideally with risk experience in the general insurance industry you will be an exceptional communicator and able to build relationships at all levels across the business.
- Assist the CFO in the continued development, review and implementation of NTI’s Risk Management Strategy and Framework including the ongoing promotion of a positive risk culture.
- Work with senior management to establish the risk appetite of the business and build this into the risk management process used for assessing, evaluating, monitoring and reporting on risk.
- Promote clear understanding across the business on ownership and accountability for risk under the traditional ‘3 Lines of Defence’ model.
- Develop and adopt risk management policies, processes, methodologies and tools to ensure the risk management framework is ‘brought to life’ across the business.
- Develop, maintain and review an enterprise wide universe of risks and ensure key risks or themes are identified and reported to the leadership team to enable prompt discussion and action where required.
- Function as a risk management expert and recommend controls and operational improvements to mitigate risk and improve operational functions.
- Prepare quarterly reports for internal and Board committees.
To be successful you will have:
- The highest levels of personal integrity and ethical behaviour.
- A minimum of five years of risk experience, preferably within the insurance or financial services industry.
- A strong understanding and application of Australian Risk Management Standards.
- Demonstrable knowledge and practical application of the Three Lines of Defence model.
- Demonstrable experience of embedding a Risk Management Framework into an electronic risk management system.
- Exceptional analytical skills with strong attention to detail.
- Competent in report and business writing.
- Effective organisational skills to meet deadlines.
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills, including sound numeracy skills.
- Ability to work independently and to exercise initiative.
- Willingness and ability to travel within Australia as required.
- Tertiary qualifications in risk management (highly desirable).
At NTI we highly value our team members and reward their contribution with a comprehensive and attractive benefits program including but not limited to:
- Professional development opportunities
- Supportive team environment
- Financial and lifestyle benefits, including flexible work opportunities
- Generous incentive scheme
- Discounts program
- Training program tailored to your professional needs
- The opportunity to grow your personal brand within the industry.
Interested in this opportunity?
Do you have relevant experience; want to add to your technical capability and expertise then this may be the role for you! Please submit your resume and covering letter for consideration.