NTI is an award winning, recognised market leader in the specialist insurance industry.
Boasting over 45 years’ experience, and backed by two of Australia’s largest insurers (CGU and Vero), we are committed to being a Best Employer of the Best People, delivering real benefits, professional development, and career advancement for our employees.
Our Sales Team is an essential part of the NTI story. We build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders and have an excellent reputation in the market. We are proactive, customer focused and collaborative in our approach and consider ourselves experts when it comes to specialist insurance.
Within our Sales team, the Development Specialist role is critical and is truly at the centre of the hub. If you are looking to develop a career in Sales or Business Development, then this role may well be the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
About the role
Based in our modern CBD office and reporting to the National Operations Manager – Commercial, you will be responsible for profitably growing revenue and market share in co-ordination with the team. You will work closely with our State Development Specialists to exceed service and financial performance expectations, using your exceptional service skills to build and maintain relationships.
- Promote and sell the NTI value proposition to a designated market;
- Develop and execute an action plan that achieves renewal and new business targets;
- Conduct market research, reporting and assisting with the completion of broker profiles;
- Represent NTI at designated industry events as required;
- Adherence to NTI policies, procedures, guidelines and timeframes;
- Other duties as required.
To be successful you will have:
- Relationship based sales experience and/or experience in the general insurance industry.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, including an excellent phone manner.
- Knowledge of effective sales planning techniques.
- A passion for achieving and exceeding sales targets.
- The ability to build effective relationships over the phone.
- Great administration skills. You will not be afraid to roll up your sleeves and dive into some administration when necessary, and you will be excited about learning new systems.
- The ability to self-manage, including problem solving skills, and emotional resilience.
- The ability to attend events outside of normal business hours and location as required.
We have a culture that inspires effort and rewards success. NTI has a team feel with a corporate edge.
If you’d like to join our Team, please submit your Resume and Cover Letter to email@example.com