Location: Brisbane Office
Number of Positions Available: 1
NTI Reference Number: Undergrad_DS
Work Type: Full time
Who are we?
NTI is a leading Specialist Commercial Insurer, with over 50 years’ experience, and backed by two of Australia’s largest insurers (CGU and Vero). Being part of NTI means you’ll work for a company with a great brand reputation, a team of experts to learn from and a truly supportive environment.
At NTI, we’re committed to providing an environment where our team members feel comfortable to be themselves and are valued for their unique perspectives and contributions.
What are we offering?
We are currently seeking an Undergraduate (currently studying in 3rd or 4th year) student interested in building a career as a Data Scientist. Working in our Data Science area of the Insights & Analytics team, you will be exposed to the full spectrum of the analytical value chain from conception to delivery of predictive analytics and automation applications for decision augmentation and support. You will have the opportunity to make meaningful, practical and commercial impact with data science, employing real data in a dynamic business environment.
As part of our Undergraduate program, you will grow an incredibly well rounded commercial skillset and have the opportunity to practically apply your university learnings in real time. You will work with industry experts and receive training and mentoring to develop your technical and non-technical skills, gaining exposure to projects, stakeholder management and more. You will be a valued and important member of our team!
This is a paid undergraduate program, working 2 – 3 days per week with flexibility around your study requirements, as well as offering extra hours as desired during university semester breaks.
Please note: This is an ongoing casual position. The role is required to work physically in our Brisbane CBD office
What we would like to see from you
From a personal perspective, we’d love candidates to apply who:
- Have a passion to learn and keen interest in data analytics - your natural curiosity will lead you to ask questions, to explore the environments, and take every opportunity to learn
- Are proactive planners and communicators, not afraid of challenging the status quo whilst being empathic and a team player
- Have a strong ‘hands-on” attitude towards validating and transforming data, pursuing data quality improvement opportunities enabling better, and consistent analytical outcome
- Enjoy the process of hypothesising and converting business objectives into machine learning propositions, build statistical and machine learning models to deliver analytical outcomes and, develop and integrate predicative business applications
From a technical perspective, we’d love to see the following in your application:
- Mathematics, statistics, data science or computer science discipline with GPA >= 5
- Experience with Python, SQL or equivalent languages in building models, automating workflows and performing data analysis, ability to code and manage codebase in IDEs
- Prior working experience in analytical roles is highly regarded but not essential
Ready to apply? We can’t wait to read your application!
We’d love for you to apply with a resume and cover letter explaining why you’d like to join our Undergraduate program.
Our application process is tailored to get the best out of you! If successful, you will speak with our People & Capability team on the phone, and then have the opportunity meet our Data Science team face to face for an interview.