Location: Brisbane Office, Melbourne Office, Newcastle Office, Perth Office, Sydney Office
Number of Positions Available: 1
NTI Reference Number: DS_2021
Work Type: Full time
NTI is an award winning, recognised market leader in the specialist insurance industry.
Boasting 50 years’ experience, and backed by two of Australia’s largest insurers CGU (Insurance Australia Group) and Vero (Suncorp), we are committed to being a strong, supportive employer where our people enjoy coming to work every day to do their best. Delivering real benefits, professional development, and career advancement opportunities for our people we pride ourselves on being an employer of choice with an engagement score of 93%.
The NTI difference
We have a culture that inspires effort and rewards success. NTI has a team feel with a corporate edge. Our Sales Team is an essential part of the NTI story – we are proactive, customer focused and collaborative in our approach and consider ourselves experts when it comes to specialist insurance.
The Development Specialist role is critical to our success and is truly at the centre of the hub. Reporting to the Team Leader – Express, you will be responsible for growing revenue and market share in co-ordination with the team. You will work closely with our State Development Specialists to exceed service and financial performance expectations, using your exceptional service skills to build and maintain relationships.
Your day to day responsibilities:
- Promote and sell the NTI value proposition to a designated market;
- Develop and execute an action plan that achieves renewal and new business targets;
- Conduct market research, reporting and assisting with the completion of broker profiles;
- Represent NTI at designated industry events as required;
- Adherence to NTI policies, procedures, guidelines and timeframes;
- Other duties as required.
How you will add value to the team:
- Relationship based sales or customer service experience (insurance industry experience would be beneficial);
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, including an excellent phone manner;
- A passion for achieving and exceeding sales targets;
- The ability to build effective relationships over the phone;
- You will not be afraid to roll up your sleeves and dive into some administration when necessary, and you will be excited about learning new systems; and
- Have the ability to self-manage, including problem solving skills, and emotional resilience.
If you’d like to join the NTI family, please submit your application below.