Location: Brisbane Office, Melbourne Office
Number of Positions Available: 1
NTI Reference Number: UW_SME
Date Available: 20 October 2023
Work Type: Full time
We are currently seeking a Graduate Underwriter who is interested in building a career within an industry leading Australian Employer of Choice in commercial insurance. This role is permanent, full time.
Joining NTI’s Underwriting team will help you grow a well-rounded commercial skillset and learn the ins and outs of Underwriting, commercial insurance and risk management. You will work with industry experts, receiving mentoring and training to develop your technical and non-technical skills. Specialising within in our underwriting team you will have the opportunity to delve into underwriting products for heavy motor and mobile plant and equipment.
About the role
As an Underwriter, it is your role to assess each of our customers and make informed decisions on whether or not we should provide insurance and under what conditions. This means you will consider areas such as pricing of the insurance policy and coverage options in order to mitigate the risk to NTI as well as grow the business.
Once you have completed your training and have spent some time getting to know what’s involved in the role, day to day you will be involved in:
- Underwriting renewals, endorsements and new business opportunities
- Supporting the pricing and policy negotiation with the Business Development team
- Ensuring adherence to underwriting guidelines, business plans, priorities and processes
- Ensuring compliance of the underwriting strategy, risk appetite, license authorities, risk controls, systems and procedures across the portfolio
What we would like to see from you
If you have recently graduated from a Business or Commerce degree (or other related areas) and have an interest in gaining commercial experience in a diverse and analytical role, we’d love to hear from you! In addition, you will:
- Have a hands-on and proactive attitude towards understanding new concepts and learning
- Have strong communication skills and be someone who is not afraid of asking questions
- Be an analytical thinker with natural problem-solving skills
- Be a team player with the desire to work as part of a high performing team
What to expect when you’re a part of the NTI family:
NTI is a market leader in the specialist insurance industry, boasting over 50 years’ experience, and backed by two of Australia’s largest insurers (CGU and Vero). As the recent recipient of the 2022 Australian HR Awards Employer of Choice we are committed to being a Best Employer of the Best People and as such, we offer:
- A real and tangible commitment to your development and ongoing study
- Competitive annual incentive program of up to 15%
- Generous discounts on a large range of personal insurance products
- Access to discounts on over 350 retailers across Australia
- Paid parental leave and the ability to apply for flexible working arrangements + more!
At NTI, we’re committed to providing an environment where our team members feel comfortable to be themselves and valued for their unique perspectives and contributions.
Ready to apply? We can’t wait to read your application!
Our application process is tailored to each role based on the unique requirements. You may be required to complete phone and face to face interviews, and qualification and reference checks as part of the application process.