Location: Brisbane Office, Melbourne Office
Number of Positions Available: 1
NTI Reference Number: Marine_2022
Work Type: Full time
Why join our Marine Claims team?
Have you ever thought about change, something that will challenge you every day? What about being able to deal with people right across Australia and the World? Marine Insurance offers you that opportunity!
At NTI, we have specialist team of people, who deal with marine transit claims every day. We don’t just handle Marine Cargo claims, but also Commercial Hull, Carriers, and Liability. Every day is different with handling all different general goods and commodities all over the world.
NTI are the largest Marine Insurer in Australia - come join our team!
What is involved?
- You’ll listen to understand our customer’s unique needs and manage claims to resolution for our customers
- You’ll be the main point of call for our customers on phone and email, their representatives and other teams in our business - you are the super glue that holds the claim together!
- Your job is to take the stress away by facilitating each part of the claims process on behalf of our customers and keeping them up to date as the claim progresses
- You’ll have a portfolio of claims that you will own end to end, you’ll have the autonomy and ownership to deliver on your work
What skills will you need to succeed?
We asked our claims team what skills they use most in their roles, this is what we found out:
- Confident communicator | More is more, we pick up the phone!
- Problem solving | Nothing is ever black and white in claims, you have to think outside the box.
- Decisiveness | We back each other and ourselves to make the right call for our customers.
- A sense of humour | It makes each day a little easier, we love to have a laugh!
We’re all about the right fit for our team, but we’d also love to see:
- At least a few years’ experience working as a Claims Consultant, ideally with a commercial property background, or of course Marine exposure
- A commitment to your learning - either having completed or willing to complete your Cert IV in General Insurance (we’ll fund it if you haven’t done it!)
What to expect when you’re a part of the NTI family:
At NTI, we’re committed to providing an environment where our team members feel comfortable to be themselves and valued for their unique perspectives and contributions. We are committed to being a Best Employer of the Best People and as such, we offer:
- A real and tangible commitment to your development and ongoing study
- Competitive annual incentive program
- Generous discounts on a large range of personal insurance products
- Access to discounts on over 350 retailers across Australia
- The ability to apply for flexible working arrangements
Ready to apply? We can’t wait to read your application!
You may be required to complete phone, face to face or video interviews, psychometric testing, and a criminal history check as part of the application process. These are all really great ways for us to get to know you better, and for you to get to know us.