Location: Brisbane Office, Sydney Office
Number of Positions Available: 1
NTI Reference Number: Actuarial_2024
Date Available: 8 January 2024
Work Type: Full time
Why should you join our Actuarial team at NTI?
Working within a small actuarial team responsible for pricing all portfolios, developing recommendations, and implementing strategies across the business, you will have the opportunity to work across all products and create enhancements that add tangible value to the business. Utilising the full breadth of actuarial techniques, you will directly support the long term, sustainable growth and profitability of the insurance and non-insurance suite of products at NTI - not just involved in pricing, but every aspect of the business.
Day to day, your role will involve:
- Developing a comprehensive understanding of the pricing algorithms, approach and methodology, including assisting with ongoing enhancements
- Monitoring and analysing our insurance portfolios to inform pricing and strategic recommendations
- Working closely with portfolio managers to develop and implement recommendations that are fit for purpose
- Developing, implementing and maintaining Actuarial models
- Assisting in continuously innovating and improving Actuarial processes
- Collaborating closely with the full Customer team, in particular Business Intelligence and I.T. to implement Actuarial requirements and achieve strategic goals
What we’d love to see from you:
We are ideally looking for candidates who have recently graduated from their Undergraduate Actuarial studies. A year or two commercial experience in an Actuarial team or related discipline will be highly regarded. In addition, you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in a technical discipline such as Actuarial Studies, Mathematics, Statistics or similar quantitative field
- Strong mathematical, analytical and problem solving skills
- A strong work ethic, team player and commitment to excellence
- Experience using statistical software [Emblem, Radar, R] and programming languages [SQL or similar] (advantageous)
- Experience in data visualisation tools [Power BI, Tableau] (advantageous)
What to expect when you’re a part of the NTI family:
NTI is a market leader in the specialist insurance industry, boasting over 50 years’ experience, and backed by two of Australia’s largest insurers (CGU and Vero). As the recent recipient of the 2022 Australian HR Awards Employer of Choice we are committed to being a Best Employer of the Best People and as such, we offer:
- A real and tangible commitment to your development and ongoing study
- Competitive annual incentive program
- Generous discounts on a large range of personal insurance products
- Access to discounts on over 350 retailers across Australia
- Paid parental leave and the ability to apply for flexible working arrangements + more!
At NTI, we’re committed to providing an environment where our team members feel comfortable to be themselves and valued for their unique perspectives and contributions.
Ready to apply? We can’t wait to read your application!
Our application process is tailored to each role based on the unique requirements. You may be required to complete phone, face to face or video interviews, psychometric testing, and pre-employment checks as part of the application process.